Please hit 'download the image' for the best resolution
The background is my mod of the Mountain Lion background wallpaper, you can download it here: [link]
About this Piece
I haven't designed a user interface in a while, so I thought it would be a fun idea to recreate an existing application. After the initial brain storm of ideas, I picked the Microsoft Office Suite (more precisely Word). After reading about the new version of Office for Windows, I wanted to re-imagine the interface for Mac. The main idea behind the concept was to make the user interface a little more like OS X, by replacing the coloured elements with grey elements. This included remaking the ruler, and implementing the iOS scrollbar. I've also included the full-screen button and made most or all elements grey with a hint of a dark gradient (OS X is filled with these).
Recreating all the small elements wasn't a easy task, but I think I like the idea behind my concept. After much fiddling with the design, I decided to just publish it. Here's some of the improvements that I would've made if I worked on it longer.
- The rulers are missing numbers
- Maybe do a version with a full tabbed panel. (File/Home/Layout/Elements/Tables/Charts/Smartart/Review etc.)
- Show more of the interface through other pages and windows.
Also here's a mock feature list
- Retina Text (Yay!) for the next generation MacBook Pro
- Full-Screen Supported (OS X Lion / OS X Mountain Lion)
- Simple Mode (A panel of tools you use the most, you can 'configure' tools to be shown or hidden. You can switch to the Traditional Mode or Advanced Mode for more tools.
About the last mock up feature, I've always wanted to just hide 80% of the tools that I don't use when I'm doing something that doesn't require those tools. This mock feature would allow me to show the ones I use the most, and unclog some of those tools that are shown, that I never touch.
- Thank You for viewing. Please favorite and watch my profile if you like what you see.
- Created by W.Tsang / Devout